Our Community Outreach
Community outreach programs make a big impact on our community. This is why the Black Police Association of Greater Dallas is committed to developing and sustaining strong relationships between our members and the communities we serve through impactful programming.
We believe the better we know our communities, the better we can protect them.
You can be assured that each and every day, we are working diligently to build a safe and prosperous environment for everyone; especially our children. We are proud of the various community, regional, state and national charities who benefit from our support and involvement. We have proudly served the community of Dallas for forty plus years. We are committed to not only the safety of our citizens and business but to providing charitable contributions to those in our community who need our help the most.
- Building bridges with the community through police officers mentoring young people – particularly at-risk kids in need of direction and those in need of a solid role model. By reaching out to young people, we can make a real difference in the lives of children and their families and help build bridges of long-term trust and confidence. When done well, at-risk kids can be redirected on better paths, their family lives can improve, lifetime friendships can be made and overall trust within community can be enhanced.
- The process of leaving prison can be very difficult, especially for ex-offenders and felons that have had to serve lengthy sentences. Reentry programs for ex-offenders can be very helpful for those that need a helping hand once outside prison. We aim to break the devastating cycle of recidivism.
- Visiting schools, colleges, Churches etc. to provide education on crime prevention, careers in criminal justice and what to do when approached by a law enforcement officer.
- Collecting items for people who need them, such as clothing, used items, books, canned food, cars, etc.
- Giving police officers and community members the tools needed to purchase homes in Dallas county including grant information and financing options.